This listing is qualified for
BUY 2 GET 1 FREE* PROMOTION ✨
1) To qualify for this offer, you must add 2 quantities to your shopping cart.
2) We will automatically send 1 extra plant for free. Offer valid on same plant, no mix n' match. Restriction applied!
- Sold as loose Fresh-cut plants, Bunched plants, or Potted plants
- Fresh-cut plants | Approx. 6 stems, loose fresh-cut stems without root
- Bunched plants | Approx. 6 fresh-cut stems without root, bundled with foam, and lead weight
- Potted plants | Approx. 6 fresh-cut stems without root, potted with net pot and rockwool
Disclaimer: Pictures are not the actual plants you will receive, but a sample representation. Unless specific, we don't guarantee aquatic plants will be free of pests, and pesticides, grow emerged, or submerge.
Trade Name: Bacopa Salzmannii Purple / Bacopa Purple
Growth Rates: Medium
Difficulty Level: Advanced
Nutrient Substrate: Required
Lighting Requirements: Medium-High
- Free Shipping will take 2-5 days to reach you
- If your orders included Live Plants & Live Animals. We will combine the shipment and you will see the flat rate shipping cost at checkout
- Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands customers are not qualified for the Free Shipping program. Please upgrade to Expedited or Express Mail for faster delivery.
- We cannot be held responsible for any delay caused by U.S. Postal Service but if your packages were lost by the courier service, we will issue a replacement by 50/50, which means we pay 50% and the customers pay 50% plus shipping for the replacement orders.
- Please always keep your shipping address up-to-date! ( Debit and Credit Card, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, Shopify Pay, Ali Pay, and other payment processing services )
- Any shipment being refused or shipped back to us by providing a wrong address or other reasons will not be refundable.
- Please contact us ASAP if you want to cancel your orders. Orders only might be canceled if they are not being shipped by shipping couriers.
Return Policy: All sales are final
- We do not accept returns or exchanges for Live Plants and Live Animals
This is the second time I’ve purchased Bacopa salzmanii ‘purple’ from APF - the first time I killed it with a bleach dip trying to get rid of staghorn algae lol. When you get the plant, it’s in it’s emerged state. It will be green. This is normal, guys. Once submerged, with the right nutrients, CO2, and lighting, it turns purple. I promise. It takes awhile, but its worth it. In my tank, it turns a dusty dark mauve-ish color on the tops of the leaves. I plant it where it will get the most light right under my strip light.
Pictured here, with the danio, is the salzmanii that I received a week ago. No melt, strong and healthy. No purple yet, but it literally takes months.
The second photo I’m attaching is from a plant I got months ago. It is the remnant of my first order showing the change to purple. This plant was propagated from a tiny cutting that I salvaged after killing most of it with bleach. No filters, no editing. It’s purple and still being propagated from that 1” cutting I salvaged. Oh this is even without CO2 btw, this is in my low tech shrimp tank.
My plants do not look purple at all.
Hello. Because they are still emerged plant. They will turn purple color when grow fully submerged, in optimal condition, high tech aquarium.
There are several varieties of Bacopa Salzmannii 'Purple' around, some of them are "a bit" purple, rarely they are truly purple. This APF-grown variety arrived in a beautiful fresh-cut condition (as if it had not been shipped at all, just cut fresh in a garden) and after 3 days the plants already gave new leaves at the top. They are astonishingly, truly, dark purple!!!
These plants arrived very fast and in great condition. Placed an order immediately for more.
Plants arrived quickly and healthy. No damage at all. I look forward to seeing the colors come out! Thank you.