White Sulawesi Rabbit Snails | Special Flat Rate Shipping from Aquarium Plants Factory®
Overnight 1-2 Days Shipping at Special Low Rates available at checkout
Tylomelania is a genus of freshwater snails which have an operculum, aquatic gastropod mollusks in the family Pachychilidae. In the aquarium hobby, snails from this genus are commonly known as "Giant Rabbit Snail", "Elephant Snail" or "Sulawesi Snail". A sister group of Tylomelania is genus Pseudopotamis.
They thrive in a well maintained planted aquarium, fast water flow, high oxygen tank with a high GH level. They tend to hide at first, but when they adapt to the aquarium, they will become more active. Make sure to provide high water flow and dark area for them to hide. They are considered as Giant Aquatic Snail since they grow much bigger than the regular aquatic snails. Shells Growth: 0.8-4.7" / 2cm-12cm.
Sulawesi Snails eat invertebrate pellets, flake foods, algae, waste and cooked vegetables such as carrot, zucchini, kale, spinach, or cucumber.
The key benefit of Sulawesi Snail
- Very rare, unique and beautiful snail in the planted aquarium market.
- Friendly snails, safe for plants, fish, snail, and other aquarium's inhabitants.
- Control the algae, fish food waste, and any decompose materials such as the dead body of fish, snail or dead plants.
- Balanced your aquarium water and create a great ecosystem environment.
- Easy to control. They breed eggs outside of the water and doesn't consider as an invasive species in the controlled aquarium.
Recommended Water Parameters:
- Temperature: 81° - 86° F (27° - 30° C)
- pH: 7.0 - 8.0
- KH: 5 - 30 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 10 gallons
Copper is toxic to invertebrates such as aquatic snails, crabs, shrimps, etc. Many commercial fish foods, medications, and plant fertilizers contain copper sulfate. Please avoid any aquarium product contains copper of any form or they may cause harm or even death to your invertebrates.