This listing is qualified for
BUY 2 GET 1 FREE* PROMOTION ✨
1) To qualify for this offer, you must add 2 quantities to your shopping cart.
2) We will automatically send 1 extra plant for free. Offer valid on same plant, no mix n' match. Restriction applied!
Lomariopsis Lineata is also known as Subwassertang / Loma Fern / Round Pellia. It's very rare yet popular in the aquascape. Subwassertang is undemanding and easy to maintain. They preferred cooler water and grow best in good lighting, CO2, and rich nutrients environment. Like any other mosses, they can be attached to rock, stone, driftwood, and any aquarium decorations.
At first glance, it appears very similar to the liverwort Monosolenium, but it is actually neither a moss nor a seaweed, but prothalli of the fern Lomariopsis Lineata.
The differences between Lomariopsis Lineata & Monosolenium Tenerum
Lomariopsis Lineata / Süsswassertang: Thinner, Light Green & Not As Fragile
The entire thallus is thin like a membrane (only one layer of cells thick), there is no midrib. Broad round lobes, the tip is never truncated. There are rhizoids (hairlike adhesion organs fulfilling the function of roots) at irregular distances on the underside, also near the margin of the thallus, often in groups. The thallus is more transparent and of a darker green, more flexible, and less fragile than Monosolenium.
Monosolenium Tenerum / Pellia Moss: Thicker, Dark Green & Very Fragile
The thallus is stronger, more than just one layer of cells thick. The tips are less rounded, clearly visible, elevated on the underside, densely covered by rhizoids. In the tissue, oil body cells are visible, as tiny light-colored (when viewed with incident light) or dark-colored (when viewed with transmitted light) spots. The plant is very fragile. The branches of the thallus grow upright under low light and develop a very narrow habit.
- Sold as a small loose portion, approx. 2" x 2" in size
- Perfect to attached to driftwood, rock, or stone
Difficulty Level: Beginner
Nutrient Substrate: Not Required
Lighting Requirements: Low - Medium
Can be attached to driftwood, stone, rock, aquarium decoration?: Yes
- Free Shipping will take 2-5 days to reach you
- If your orders included Live Plants & Live Animals. We will combine the shipment and you will see the flat rate shipping cost at checkout
- Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands customers are not qualified for the Free Shipping program. Please upgrade to Expedited or Express Mail for faster delivery.
- We cannot be held responsible for any delay caused by U.S. Postal Service but if your packages were lost by the courier service, we will issue a replacement by 50/50, which means we pay 50% and the customers pay 50% plus shipping for the replacement orders.
- Please always keep your shipping address up-to-date! ( Debit and Credit Card, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, Shopify Pay, Ali Pay, and other payment processing services )
- Any shipment being refused or shipped back to us by providing a wrong address or other reasons will not be refundable.
- Please contact us ASAP if you want to cancel your orders. Orders only might be canceled if they are not being shipped by shipping couriers.
Return Policy: All sales are final
- We do not accept returns or exchanges for Live Plants and Live Animals
Received my 3 packs of subwassertang in a timely manner, well packaged, with the plants in perfect condition.