Little Thorn Nerite Snail
Ship via UPS Next Day Air® at $49.99 Flat Rate
Can be combined with Plants Order
These assorted tiny snails are known by many names such as Thorn / Horned / Spiky Nerite because of the cool-looking spiked on their shelf. Each snail has its unique shelf pattern and color. We will randomly pick the good one for you.
Neritina species are also known as Nerita / Nerite Snail. They do well in freshwater and brackish water. They are suitable for planted aquariums because they are small and can take care of the algae problem. They can eat many types of food and algae including Phytoplankton, Diatoms Algae, Film/Slime Algae, Black Beard Algae, and Green/Brown Spot Algae which are very tough on glass and hard to remove by hand.
Neritina Snails eat invertebrate pellets, flake foods, algae, waste, and cooked vegetables such as carrot, zucchini, kale, spinach, or cucumber.
The key benefit of Neritina Snails
- Very small, tiny snails but work very hard to clean up your aquarium.
- Do not reproduce and breed in the freshwater environment.
- Unique and beautiful snail in the planted aquarium market.
- Friendly snails, safe for plants, fish, snail, and other aquarium inhabitants.
- Control the algae, fish food waste, and any decompose materials such as the dead body of the fish, snail, or dead plants.
- Balanced your aquarium water and create a great ecosystem environment.
- Easy to control. They breed eggs but don't usually hatch in freshwater and doesn't consider an invasive species in the controlled aquarium.
Recommended Water Parameters:
- Temperature: 65° - 86° F (18° - 30° C)
- pH: 6.0 - 8.0
- KH: 5 - 12 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 5 gallons
Copper is toxic to invertebrates such as aquatic snails, crabs, shrimps, etc. Many commercial fish foods, medications, and plant fertilizers contain copper sulfate. Please avoid any aquarium product contains copper of any form or they may cause harm or even death to your invertebrates.
- Free Shipping will take 2-5 days to reach you
- Live Animals are excluded from the Free Shipping
- If your orders included Live Plants & Live Animals. We will combine the shipment and you will see the flat rate shipping cost at checkout
- Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands customers are not qualified for the Free Shipping program. Please upgrade to Expedited or Express Mail for faster delivery.
- We cannot be held responsible for any delay caused by U.S. Postal Service but if your packages were lost by the courier service, we will issue a replacement by 50/50, which means we pay 50% and the customers pay 50% plus shipping for the replacement orders.
- Please always keep your shipping address up-to-date! ( Debit and Credit Card, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, Shopify Pay, Ali Pay, and other payment processing services )
- Any shipment being refused or shipped back to us by providing a wrong address or other reasons will not be refundable.
- Please contact us ASAP if you want to cancel your orders. Orders only might be canceled if they are not being shipped by shipping couriers.
Return Policy: All sales are final
- We do not accept returns or exchanges for Live Plants and Live Animals
WHAT WE GUARANTEE
24 Hours Live Arrival Guarantee* - In a rare case of live stocks dead on arrival, we must be notified within 24 hours by the same day of delivery. Please take clear photos of the damaged product and send it to us within 24 hours. Live Arrival Guarantee will be void after 24 hours of delivery. All replacements are considered final and we will not replace the replacement.
- Picture requirements: Take at least 2 clear photos of damaged product in their original, unopened & sealed transparent packing and send photos and orders information to our email within 24 hours: email@example.com
- Please do not take picture of damaged plants, or animals in your aquarium. Once they have been introduced to your aquarium's ecosystem. It is no longer covered by our guarantee.
Please keep in mind that Live Arrival Guarantee only guarantees that live stocks will be alive upon arrival. We cannot guarantee that you will continue to have success with them. Many factors, including the aquarium environment, water quality, nutrient, temperature, lighting, filter, and CO2 system, can contribute to the failure to grow live plants and live animals.
WHAT WE CAN'T GUARANTEE
Even though our plants are very clean, but we can't guarantee they will be 100% pest-free because we cannot be responsible for your aquarium. Please use it at your own risk. We recommended all customers rinse the plants with clean water and quarantine them before use.
However, plants in tissue culture will be 100% free from pests, algae and never have been contacting with any aquarium.
- Due to the nature of the product. We don't guarantee our plants will be pests free. ( snails, algae, hitchhikers )
- We don't guarantee our plants will be free of pesticides. We use homemade, organic pesticides in our greenhouse to control pests. We do not use pesticides that contain copper. Copper is toxic to invertebrates such as aquatic snails, crabs, shrimps, etc
- We don't guarantee your aquarium success or are responsible for your aquarium inhabitant including but not limited to fish, shrimp, snail, turtle, etc. So please quarantine all plants when use!
- Unless specific, we don't guarantee aquatic plants will be grow emerged or submerge.
Love these little snails! Ordered and received 6 little thorn nerite snails. The package arrived quickly and well packed with the plants I also purchased. 4 of the snails acclimated quickly and went to work in my aquariums. 2 were not moving. One was dead and I'm not sure about the other - it still hasn't moved. I checked day/night temps along the route before ordering and I regularly test and check water parameters including ammonia, nitrites and nitrates, Kh, GH, pH and temp so possibly the shock of the shipping took its toll.
Ordered 3 and got 4! They are not quite as varied in colors as the online pictures but I didn't order for appearance really.
These guys are pretty cool, just hang out and eat algae. I've yet to hear them complain about anything. Highly recommended.
Snails are super cute. I got 7. 5 seemed pretty healthy and a week later 6 are still doing fine. I'll definitely do buisness with them again.
These folks are such a pleasure to do business with. I ordered some snails from here and UPS screwed up my order. By the time they delivered the snails to me they were already dead. BUT, Aquarium Plants did everything they could to make right of this situation. They contacted UPS for me and replaced the snails. I will definitely do business with these great folks again!
Can't give a review on the snails yet. My experience with this company has been pleasant. They seem to be responsive to issues and accomidating. It has been 7 days since I ordered and no snails yet. I believe the problem is the USPS. I was given the choice of a refund or reship. I chose reship. Eagerly waiting for my snails.