Black Nerite Snail | Special Flat Rate Shipping from Aquarium Plants Factory®
Overnight 1-2 Days Shipping at Special Low Rates available at checkout
Black Nerite Snail is commonly known as Black Racer / Racing Snail. They are one of the biggest Nerite Snail, even compare to Zebra or Tiger Snail.
Neritina species are also known as Nerita / Nerite Snail. They do well in freshwater and brackish water. They are suitable for planted aquarium because they are small and can take care of the algae problem. They can eat many types of food and algae including Phytoplankton, Diatoms Algae, Film/Slime Algae, Black Beard Algae and Green/Brown Spot Algae which are very tough on glass and hard to remove by hand.
Neritina Snails eat invertebrate pellets, flake foods, algae, waste and cooked vegetables such as carrot, zucchini, kale, spinach, or cucumber.
The key benefit of Neritina Snails
- Very small, tiny snails but work very hard to clean up your aquarium.
- Do not reproduce and breed in the freshwater environment.
- Unique and beautiful snail in the planted aquarium market.
- Friendly snails, safe for plants, fish, snail, and other aquarium's inhabitants.
- Control the algae, fish food waste, and any decompose materials such as the dead body of fish, snail or dead plants.
- Balanced your aquarium water and create a great ecosystem environment.
- Easy to control. They breed eggs but don't usually hatch in freshwater and doesn't consider as an invasive species in the controlled aquarium.
Recommended Water Parameters:
- Temperature: 65° - 86° F (18° - 30° C)
- pH: 6.0 - 8.0
- KH: 5 - 12 dKH
- Minimum tank size: 5 gallons
Copper is toxic to invertebrates such as aquatic snails, crabs, shrimps, etc. Many commercial fish foods, medications, and plant fertilizers contain copper sulfate. Please avoid any aquarium product contains copper of any form or they may cause harm or even death to your invertebrates.