The Yamato Shrimp, Japanese Algae Eating Shrimp, and Japonica Shrimp are all names for the Amano Shrimp. Amano Shrimp is indigenous to Taiwan and may be found in practically any clean river in Taiwan.
Amano Shrimps are becoming increasingly popular because of Mr. Takashi Amano. As a result, this hard-working shrimp was named after Mr. Takashi Amano, the creator of ADA Aqua Design Amano.
Mr. Takashi Amano utilized and suggested a lot of these shrimps in his Nature Style Aquarium during his career since they are fantastic organisms for maintaining healthy fish tanks because they can consume practically all sorts of algae and leftover food from the aquarium.
Here at Aquarium Plants Factory, we offer captive-bred and wild-caught Amano Shrimp. Captive-bred is usually very consistent and small in size and wild-caught Amano can be very large. Amano Shrimp is very hardy and easy to keep which is perfect for beginner shrimp keepers. Breeding Amano Shrimp can be challenging because it required transferring the offspring larvae to brackish, seawater then back to freshwater again. However, if all the breeding conditions are met, the result is satisfactory.
- Small size | approx. 1.0 - 1.5 cm
- Large size | approx. 1.5 - 2.5 cm
- Extra Large size | approx. >2.5 cm
- Easy to care, unique, hardy, and beautiful
- Friendly shrimp, safe for plants, fish, snails, and other aquarium inhabitants
- Control algae bloom. Balanced your aquarium water and create a great ecosystem environment
Disclaimer: Pictures are not the actual animal you will receive, but a sample representation. Because of the natural variations in each species, it may be different in shape, size, color, and personality. Unless specific, we don't guarantee the gender of the animal.
Scientific name: Caridina Multidentata / Caridina Japonica
Common name: Amano Shrimp / Yamato Shrimp
Care Level: Easy
Color: Transparent shelf mix with dark dash and dot
Water Conditions: 65-75°F, KH 1-6, pH 6.5-8.0, TDS 130-400
Max. Size: 3"+
Recommended Tank Size: 5 gallons or bigger
Copper is toxic to invertebrates such as aquatic snails, crabs, shrimps, etc. Many commercial fish foods, medications, and plant fertilizers contain copper sulfate. Please avoid any aquarium product containing copper of any form or they may cause harm or even death to your invertebrates.
- Free Shipping will take 2-5 days to reach you
- Live Animals are excluded from the Free Shipping
- If your orders included Live Plants & Live Animals. We will combine the shipment and you will see the flat rate shipping cost at checkout
- Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, and US Virgin Islands customers are not qualified for the Free Shipping program. Please upgrade to Expedited or Express Mail for faster delivery.
- We cannot be held responsible for any delay caused by U.S. Postal Service but if your packages were lost by the courier service, we will issue a replacement by 50/50, which means we pay 50% and the customers pay 50% plus shipping for the replacement orders.
- Please always keep your shipping address up-to-date! ( Debit and Credit Card, Paypal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, Amazon Pay, Shopify Pay, Ali Pay, and other payment processing services )
- Any shipment being refused or shipped back to us by providing a wrong address or other reasons will not be refundable.
- Please contact us ASAP if you want to cancel your orders. Orders only might be canceled if they are not being shipped by shipping couriers.
Return Policy: All sales are final
- We do not accept returns or exchanges for Live Plants and Live Animals
WHAT WE GUARANTEE
24 Hours Live Arrival Guarantee* - In a rare case of live stocks dead on arrival, we must be notified within 24 hours by the same day of delivery. Please take clear photos of the damaged product and send it to us within 24 hours. Live Arrival Guarantee will be void after 24 hours of delivery. All replacements are considered final and we will not replace the replacement.
- Picture requirements: Take at least 2 clear photos of damaged product in their original, unopened & sealed transparent packing and send photos and orders information to our email within 24 hours: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please do not take picture of damaged plants, or animals in your aquarium. Once they have been introduced to your aquarium's ecosystem. It is no longer covered by our guarantee.
Please keep in mind that Live Arrival Guarantee only guarantees that live stocks will be alive upon arrival. We cannot guarantee that you will continue to have success with them. Many factors, including the aquarium environment, water quality, nutrient, temperature, lighting, filter, and CO2 system, can contribute to the failure to grow live plants and live animals.
WHAT WE CAN'T GUARANTEE
Even though our plants are very clean, but we can't guarantee they will be 100% pest-free because we cannot be responsible for your aquarium. Please use it at your own risk. We recommended all customers rinse the plants with clean water and quarantine them before use.
However, plants in tissue culture will be 100% free from pests, algae and never have been contacting with any aquarium.
- Due to the nature of the product. We don't guarantee our plants will be pests free. ( snails, algae, hitchhikers )
- We don't guarantee our plants will be free of pesticides. We use homemade, organic pesticides in our greenhouse to control pests. We do not use pesticides that contain copper. Copper is toxic to invertebrates such as aquatic snails, crabs, shrimps, etc
- We don't guarantee your aquarium success or are responsible for your aquarium inhabitant including but not limited to fish, shrimp, snail, turtle, etc. So please quarantine all plants when use!
- Unless specific, we don't guarantee aquatic plants will be grow emerged or submerge.
All my Amano shrimp arrived alive and are all doing well in my tank. They were very small but healthy and I was afraid, due to their size, that they may not survive in my tank but a couple days after receiving my order I saw a couple of them scurrying around the bottom of the tank under plants and rocks. Hopefully they will survive and grow so that I will be able to see them eating and taking care of my tank. I am very happy with the shipping and everything about my order seemed very professionally handled from ordering to receiving my order. I will gladly order from APF again!
Ordered 10 very active Amano Shrimp and am very pleased with the size. Shipping was freaky fast, 2 days from California to Michigan. Drip acclimated them and they are going to town in both a 40 and a 125. It’s been over a week and no losses. They’re beginning to learn the fish aren’t interested in them and are starting to venture out in the open.
I just got these shrimp yesterday and was pleasantly surprised I got an extra one with my order. They are about twice as big as my cherry, blue, and yellow shrimp but they all seem to be getting along well. These amano just went to town on my decorations, eating algae and other stuff. I'm really happy with them.
My amano shrimp came in very quickly given the circumstances, and I appreciate the communication from the APF team. I received 6 when ordering 5 and they all have taken to my tank. They are skittish and have been hiding out, but I see one here and there. As long as they are happy I don't mind their secrecy. They are great because they tend to not mind disturbances when you're touching up your scaping.
It's a party for these bad boys. Drip acclimated over 12 hours to acclimate them. Have a pretty hard water content and they're still partying.
Shipping was quick and the amanos arrived safe and sound. They've acclimated to the tank and have inspired my existing shrimp to come out more! My community tank is complete!